Show HN: Composable (as in iGoogle, but modern) privacy-friendly new tab
6 by OlegWock | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I spent quite a lot of time working on this one over the last 1.5 years. It started as a small project for my personal use because I wanted to keep all my self-hosted services visible so I wouldn't forget they existed lol. Using a web page wasn't ideal because of the white flicker every time I opened a new tab, so I decided to make this into a browser extension. From that time on, it became a lot bigger and got some traction (which I'm very happy about). It's made with React, but I tried to squeeze maximum performance (limited by my skills and desire to keep it somewhat readable, though) out of it. UI/UX was a big priority for me in this project, so I also tried to streamline it as much as possible and make Anori a joy to use. If you decide to try it, let me know how good I did! Oh, and it's open source [1] and the process of adding new widgets is documented [2], so you can make your own! [1]: https://ift.tt/ae6dOuT [2]: https://ift.tt/AS0DcCX...

Post a Comment

 
Top