Ask HN: WordPress vs. Django/Flask?
7 by amts | 17 comments on Hacker News.
I may get to work for a small translation agency to build a website for them plus a bit of marketing stuff, and maybe a remote desktop and a platform for invoicing for their personnel. I am self-teaching myself web-design and the related stuff (Python mainly for everything, but HTML/CSS, C++, SQL and databases also) and a few years ago I also administered a Wordpress site for a while, so am a bit familiar with themes/addons etc. But for a few recent months it seems I've seen some news on HN as about once per month that someone's Wordpress site was hacked. Which web framework may be better for a small agency (or in a general business case): Wordpress or Django/Flask? Can you describe a typical workflow and which other tools/frameworks/keywords/etc (like REST) I need to use for this? As I am a bit nervous that I am self-taught in this field, though have tons of materials on that, but this job may provide some resources for my main projects.

Post a Comment

 
Top