Tell HN: LinkedIn banned me because of my avatar, in the middle of my fundraise
5 by scrollaway | 6 comments on Hacker News.
I've been on LinkedIn for a while with zero issues with my normal cartoon avatar (which I use absolutely everywhere). Then yesterday, in the middle of my new startup's fundraise, they hit me with an ID verification and banned my account + deleted my startup's page. My profile is missing. I have unanswered messages with people whose emails I don't have. Potential investors etc. Friends reaching out asking me why my profile is missing. They didn't tell me why. Still this morning I didn't know. Now they just responded with an email telling me my "appeal has been denied", and telling me that they removed my avatar for not complying with the TOS. Zero warning, just straight to ban. This is the avatar: https://leclan.ch (it's used with the author's permission)

Post a Comment

 
Top