Tell HN: OpenBB scraping GitHub emails for marketing spam
58 by tmp_1649016698 | 9 comments on Hacker News.
A recent post[0] went around about OpenBB. I starred their GitHub[1] repository because I was interested and now I've just received an email[2] thanking me for signing up for their newsletter. Look, I hate to call the project out but I'm tired of people scraping GitHub for emails and blasting out marketing spam. And I'm confident they scraped my email from GitHub because that's the only place 'github@mydomain.com' is used. [0]: https://ift.tt/PAjmg15 [1]: https://ift.tt/aOWNDry [2]: Hi, We, as OpenBB, would like to personally thank you for signing up to our newsletter. We are on a mission to make investment research effective, powerful and accessible to everyone. The team would love to hear what you think of our OpenBB Terminal and if there is anything we can do to improve it. Feel free to e-mail us at hello@openbb.co or reach us through our Discord to get involved with the community.

Post a Comment

 
Top