Ask HN: How do I create a social movement to change the world?
12 by andrewstuart | 6 comments on Hacker News.
HN: I am asking your advice on how to build a social movement to change society. What can you suggest to help me? I'm deeply angry about a particular social issue and feel helpless. So what can I do? I've concluded the only thing I can do is try to create on online community and movement. So I come here to my community Hacker News, where there is infinite skill and capability in building online community, campaigns and movements and I ask for help. It seems to me that any social movement needs a catchy name, so I've created that (see below). The next thing I have done is create a subreddit with the name of the social movement (again see below). I also created a website a while back, although does not use the catchy name I created, so it needs updating (again, see below). But really the things I've done above are just guesses. I have no idea how to create a social movement and change the world. Thanks! I have the subject matter below, to avoid this post being seen as HN spam: **************************************** The subject of the social movement: The catchy name "Real Estate Rebellion". The goal: I want to end housing as a financial investment in Australia. The issue: I'm deeply angry about what has happened with house prices in Australia. Ordinary people - teachers, nurses, public servants will never be able to buy a house in Australia. In fact even well paid people who don't currently own will never be able to buy a house. It wasn't like this before. In Australia, some people own multiple houses, 1/2/3/4 or more and others own none - society has been split into renters and landlords. The politicians all own multiple houses and dare not say a single word against raging house prices. I want to end housing as a financial investment in Australia. I know this is a deeply radical idea but I think it's valid - why should housing be a financial instrument? Let's end the house prices ponzi scheme. The subreddit: https://ift.tt/3lXZtQ4 The website: https://ift.tt/3rXjtWP

Post a Comment

 
Top